10 minute avocado chickpea salad
One of the reasons why I love this salad so much is because aside from being nourishing and super tasty, it's SO FREAKIN' easy to put together - It'll take you 15 to put together (at the most!) and the results are truly rewarding.
It's perfect on its own, as a side dish or served over crackers - You can make it without the avocado up to 24 hours in advance and fold in the avocado just before serving.
Sometimes for a crunch, I like to add toasted sunflower seeds. Go ahead and try it out yourself!
You won't be disappointed.
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the chickpeas and place in a bowl. Add the minced herbs and scallions to the chickpeas and give a quick toss.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and cut each half into small cubes.
- Place in the bowl and pour the yogurt mixture over the chickpeas and avocado.
- Toss until well combine. Taste and add salt/pepper to your preferred taste.