Black lentil salad with tzatziki, avocado and micro greens
This dish is a simple spring salad bowl with fresh flavors and satisfying textures! Really easy to put together and super filling!
- 1 cup cooked black lentils, rinsed and drained
- Fine sea salt
- 1 cup green olives (pitted and roughly chopped)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil (+ extra for garnish)
- Grated zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and sliced
- A handful of fresh micro greens of your preference (I used kale)
- Easy Tzatziki
1. Place the lentils in a large bowl and add the olives, shallot, parsley, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, honey and salt to taste - Fold to combine.
2. To serve, put a few spoonfuls of lentil salad on each plate. Top each serving with slices of avocado, some micro greens and a generous dollop of tzatziki - Drizzle with extra olive oil if desired.
Recipe adapted from My New Roots Book