8 Ingredient Tzatziki
- 1 cup greek yogurt (or use coconut yogurt to make it vegan)
- 1/2 large English cucumber, unpeeled and finely grated (1 cup grated, will shrink to 1/4 cup after drained)
- 2 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill (using fresh dill does make a big difference)
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (for flavor and richness)
1. Add the yogurt to a large mixing bowl and add strained cucumber, garlic, dill, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil - Fold to combine.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving, to allow the flavors to combine.
3. Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 2 days, sometimes longer depending on the freshness of yogurt.