Easy Veggie Nuggets
This recipe is a simple way to include a bunch of veggies in one meal. It's perfect for lunch or served as a side dish at dinner time!
Needless to say, it's super easy to follow and with so many vegetables to choose from you can really tailor the recipe to the flavor you like! p.s. It can also be vegan!
- 4 cups of shredded vegetables (I used cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)
- 2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup cheese (or nutritional yeast)
- 1 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1. Add the vegetables to a food processor. Pule the processor a few times until the vegetables are broken down and shredded. Dump mixture into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients saving 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs for later.
2. Once the mixture is combined, take about a tablespoon of the mixture and form into little nuggets. Lightly toss each nugget into reserved breadcrumbs.
3. You can fry these nuggets on the stove or bake them in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. I baked them first and then stir-fried them in the cast iron with some avocado oil!