Tahini Butternut Squash Pasta
I have tried multiple pasta recipes and this one has become one of my favorites, especially for late winter. It's the perfect combination of creamy and tangy. And if you love tahini like me, I'm sure you'll love this recipe!
- 1 cup butternut squash puree (see note)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt, to taste
- 6 ounces of your favorite GF pasta (I used brown rice DeBoles fettuccine)
- 1 to 2 cups shredded fresh baby spinach
- Optional for serving: Sesame seeds, scallions and/or fresh cilantro
- In a blender, puree butternut squash, tahini, lime juice, garlic, broth, ginger and salt (adjust salt to your liking).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package. Drain, toss with spinach, and once spinach has started to wilt, rinse under cool water until noodles are warm but not hot.
- Toss noodles with sauce, divide into two bowls, and top with desired toppings.
- To roast butternut squash, preheat oven to 400˚F, cut in half length-wise, rub it with olive oil and place cut-side down in a roasting pan. Roast for 30 to 40 min (depending on the size of the squash). I found that 35 minutes was the best time.
- You can alternatively use sweet potato for this recipe.
- I used about 1 1/2 cups of veggie broth to thin out the sauce - This step is really up to your personal preference!