If you're skeptical about eating raw cauliflower, you have to try this recipe - A fresh detox power salad featuring raw cauliflower, apples, shallots and roasted spiced chickpeas. It's seriously a magic combination of flavors!
For the salad: Toss everything together.
- RAW cauliflower rice (working in batches, run the cauliflower florets through a food processor until you get “rice” – it should take about 20-30 pulses.)
- 1 Green apple (sliced and peeled if non-organic)
- Mint and parsley (optional)
- Shallots (Super thinly sliced)
- Roasted chickpeas*
- Big chunks of buttery avocado
*Spiced roasted chickpeas
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Roast for 20-30 minutes until crispy and browned.
Quick mustard dressing: Shake up all the ingredients in a jar, or whisk together. Taste and adjust.
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Salt & pepper, to taste
NOTE: This salad doesn’t last long once tossed together, so if you’re prepping in advance, keep everything separate.