Baked apples with granola
After visiting the Farmer's Market last week I could't help but to picture baked apples topped with yogurt and homemade granola, so I decided to try this recipe over the weekend. It's a simple dessert for a cool autumn evening.
- 2 large apples, cut in half
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted (you can use butter)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of granola*
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (I used Siggi's vanilla)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut apples in half and remove core and seeds with a small pairing knife or spoon.
- In a small bowl combine ghee, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Brush on top of the apple halves
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dollop of yogurt and top with granola (and more cinnamon if you'd like)
* You can make your own. I tried this recipe and loved it!